Here in the villages it is still very common to still see
people with different markings. Each
tribe will make different markings on the face to distinguish their tribe from
others. I am still unclear why they make
the markings on their bodies. When
people are having pain or other aliments they will also go to “local treatment”
and get cutting performed. For example,
we will see patients with large palpable spleens have their entire left upper
quadrant of their abdomen cut up with dozens of scratches. You can tell how long something has been
bothering a patient by then amount and age of the cuts on the region.
| One of the most complex abdominal markings I have seen |
| This is the most common abdominal markings I see. Most everyone has umbilical hernias so I guess they decorate them with the cutting. |
| Tribal facial markings |
| Tribal facial markings |
Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteMary put us onto your blog.......so here we are. Mary's cousin Debbie has spent a good deal of time in Kenya in the village Timau north of Nairobi.
We are proud to know another missionary. You guys walk the walk and talk the talk. The world needs more of your type than it probably will ever have.
Our prayers are with you.
Mary Ellen and Lloyd