Saturday, July 27, 2013

A tree behind my house in bloom
The rains have been coming regularly now which is a nice change from the dry heat.  The campus has become green again and everything is blooming.  The rain has really cooled the weather off also.  In the afternoons it now only gets into the mid-nineties and at night around 80 degrees.  It is surprising how much I have adapted to the heat; I am actually cold at night and wear a long sleeve shirt and pants to bed! 

The storms are intense when they come.  They mostly come from the northeast, starting out with intense wind and then pelting rain.  When the wind starts to blow, it is a sign to get up and close your windows because it is going to start to storm.  The rain is especially noisy on our metal roofs.  The branches of a fruit tree are over my bedroom roof, so when it starts to storm I get the added bonus of fruit falling on the roof.  It sometimes sounds like the house in under attack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment