Friday, February 10, 2017

I have been staying in House 6 which is basically a house were short term volunteers live.  It has 5 bedrooms with multiple beds in each room.  There is a kitchen and common area with a dinning room.  I am the only one here at the moment which is a bit unusual.  Usually there is at least a few medical students or residents doing rotations at the BMC.  So it has been a bit quiet around here, especially with the two long term missionary families being away also.  It has been good though to after work just have time to read (I have amazingly finished three books) and write. 

I am staying in the room that I first stayed in when I moved to Nalerigu in 2012.  It has brought back a lot of memories.  I was really just finding my way at that time, pretty tentative about my new life and work, wondering each day what I had gotten myself into!  Now I feel like a pro, although I realize quickly each time I am here that there are still things about the culture and medicine I have to learn.




Not a very good picture, but this is House 6



Outside of the school house

This is where the missionary kids have school during the day and where I have been writing and posting my blog at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment