I spent a few days over the New Year’s holiday at Mole National Park with some of the other long term volunteers at BMC. It is about a 6 hours drive from Nalerigu and is the largest wildlife sanctuary in Ghana. We had an incredible time. We went on three safari tours and saw elephants, monkeys, bushbucks, antelope, and plenty of warthogs. We always started out riding in the truck, but then we would eventually ended up tromping through the bush tracking the elephants. Elephants are amazing creatures. They are massive and I could not believe how close we were to them and they did not seem to really care much. This was defiantly a New Years I will not forget anytime soon!
| A huge termite mound on the side of the road on the way to Mole Park |
| Julia and I enjoying the safari |
| Enjoying a rare Dr. Pepper poolside. |
Noah and Taylor Coram with our guide.
No comments:
Post a Comment