Wednesday, November 7, 2012

There is a river that runs through town, just a short walk from the hospital.  It is a nice place to go to relax for a bit and get away from the hospital, as long as you go during the week or in the morning.  I went down on a Saturday afternoon and it was crazy busy with clothing being washed, people bathing, and a herd of cattle had made their way there for a quick drink.  Other times during the week there might just be one or two people around.  The children tell us that you can see alligators in the river, but I have yet to see one.  I think that might be a bit of local folklore.  I am told that in the dry season the river almost dries up, it will be interesting see as it moves out of the rainy season here and starts to get hotter.   



No comments:

Post a Comment