Saturday, September 19, 2026

Since Henry Asked!! My Accommodations

I definitely lucked out with my accommodations! I was given a couple’s cabin, which means—best of all—NO ROOMMATE!!! 😂 I even have both a microwave and a fridge, so I really can’t complain.

It may not have all the bells and whistles of a true cruise ship, but it’s a nice, simple, clean room, and honestly, that’s all I need. I’m on Deck 6, with the hospital wards down on Deck 4 and the operating rooms on Deck 3. That makes this officially the shortest commute to work I’ve had since my call days in residency, when we lived in the hospital! 




The best part is the view. My room looks out over the Gulf of Guinea. Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to take photos of the port, but I can still enjoy the view from my window. I look out over one of the piers, and beyond it is the Gulf stretching toward the horizon, with boats anchored in the distance, waiting their turn to offload at the port.

There’s something pretty surreal about waking up, looking out the window, and realizing that this is my view for the time being. 🌍🌊🚢








3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! It is cool to see where you are living. And glad you don’t have a roommate! - Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! The room looks spacious and nice! Thanks for helping us picture where you are living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks super
    Cool and I am glad you do not have a roommate
    -Katherine

    ReplyDelete