When I picture my time in Nalerigu,
I remember not only the work I did at the hospital, but the missionaries that
called the BMC home. I will never forget
the fellowship of the Coram, Hewitt, Welch, and Gibb families and I know they
will be missed these next two weeks. On
the same note, I can’t wait to see the Coppola Family and hang out with the two
cutest Americans girls in Ghana, Sarah Grace and Elizabeth. I am also looking forward to spending more
time with William, Heidi, and Trey Haun.
| Playing games last year with Sarah Grace, Elizabeth, and some local girls. |
I have to admit I am nervous about
the medicine. I have spent the last year
engrossed in Western Medicine, starting a practice and gaining confidence in my
first year in practice as a surgeon. I
am worried I have forgotten all my tropical medicine. I know I will be spending some quality time
on the plane reviewing the hospital protocols and reminding myself of the
presentations of various diseases.
I know that next two weeks will be filled
with great fellowship, as well great challenges and I am looking forward to finding
out what lays ahead and hopefully sharing some of it with you through this
blog.
You're doing a great job on your blog, Lisa. Keep up the great discipline of a little bit or a vignette every day. Thanks!
ReplyDelete