Thursday, September 5, 2013

Defiantly Not Irish Dancing!


I was invited to dance by one of Asubonteng’s relatives during his grandmother’s funeral.  I felt like I could not refuse, Asubonteng told me it was a requirement at a funeral, and I figured I could make a fool of myself because I would never see any of those people again.  After I was finished, Asubonteng told me he had never danced at a funeral in his life and he thought it was hilarious I did and of course videoed it.  Over the last few weeks has enjoyed showing the video to everyone at the hospital, including the administrator, so I figured I would go ahead and share it with you.

The women in the red cloth with the red necklaces that joined me dancing are Ausbonteng’s mother and Aunts.  At the end of the video, the man that comes and touches my forehead and who is dressed more ornately than everyone else is the local fetish priest.  Although I felt like those were the longest three minutes of my life, I know that the family really appreciated that I was willing to get up and try. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I'm a friend of your dad's, from many years past, and he showed me your blog. Congratulations, and you are doing a great job. I'll look more at your blog this evening.
    Andre Strzembosz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Dr. Strzembosz . . . and for teaching my father how to leave comments!

      Delete
  2. Hey Lee,
    Dr. Strzembosz showed me how to leave a comment. I have failed many times in the past.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can move, girl! Mona

    ReplyDelete